Friday, February 1, 2008

Charleston, SC


One of my favorite cities of all time is the Majestic port city of Charleston, South Carolina. This place is so rich in history and culture it is the perfect place to get away and take a stroll back in history to appreciate those who came before us. Charleston provides an intimate setting for a little rest and relaxation and a nice vacation too. Although I have visited Charleston a few times before, I fell into a rut of going to the same places over and over again. I needed to dig deeper and find all the hidden treasures the city had to offer. So, I went to HappyMappy and found so many attractions that I never knew existed. I love trying new things and now I have a reason to go back and enjoy all the new things I found to do. I plan on checking out the Carolina Polo and Carriage Company which offers tours of the city of Charleston and they also offer polo lessons, something I have always wanted to learn. What a ritzy sport for such a historically ritzy town! Then I plan on visiting The Origional Charleston Walks where you can take lowcountry ghost walks, civil war walks, the historic homes walks and the pirates and buccaneers walk; not your typical history lesson, I know. In the heart of Charleston is The College of Charleston. I envy the students of CoCF because they attend college in one of the most beautiful town's in the country and they get to live at the beach! One of my girlfriends raved about this famous Charleston cafe' that she said I have to go to next time I'm there. It's called Kaminsky's Cafe where they apparently serve the most beautiful, gourmet desserts, which she added changes daily, as well as the most delicious, and beautiful cafe beverages she has ever had. It sounds so good my mouth is literally watering just thinking about it. Needless to say, I think it's time I make my trip back to the lowcountry.

No comments: