Friday, February 1, 2008

Outer Banks, NC


Just recently referred to me was the Outer Banks area of North Carolina, also known as OBX. These islands are well known for their fishing harbors and peaceful shores. I did my own research on the area using the Happy Mappy Service and mapped out all the exciting adventures I want to embark on when I do get the chance to go. Since this is a coastal area, there are plenty of things to do on the water such as the OBX Diving center where you have the option of scuba lessons or taking a chartered dive trip. You can also take cruises on the ocean where you can experience dolphin and bird watching as well as learn shrimping-crapping techniques. Joe Malat's Outerbanks Surf Fishing school offers fishing lessons that seems to be a big hit for the fishing amateurs. Also, a hit in the area is Windsurfing which I must confess I have always wanted to try. Since I love food, I must take a cooking workshop at Epicrean where OBX's culinary experts tutor others on how to prepare the finest seafood cuisine,Yum! The area's nightlife is just as exciting at night with entertainment ranging from The Outer Bank's Music Showcase were you can enjoy live musical shows dating back to the '50's and 6o's pop music to Kelly's Outer Banks Tavern hosting live performances nightly on the beach! With so many adventurous activities to choose from, I don't know why I haven't found this place earlier!

No comments: