Tuesday, February 5, 2008


I have recently been trying to gather togther a list of great places to go skiing and one of those places at the top of my list is the Aspen, Colorado area. I also like to gather a list of fun things to do and great places to visit in case I do decide to make a trip to the area. I use the Happy Mappy travel service to help me find these attractions. As for skiing goes, I found the Aspen Skiing Company, which is located at the base of the Aspen Mountain, which operates four of the best ski mountains in the area such as Snowmass, Aspen Mtn, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk. These mountains are nearly 3000 ft high and have be in business since the 50's. I discovered the Unicorn Balloon Company which takes its guests up, up, and away in a hot air balloon with complimentary breakfast, champagne, and a video of the ride. I also found The Aspen Club and Spa which is a 77,000 sq. ft spa that offers the best in messages both indoor and outdoor. Their outdoor messages are famous for being able to enjoy the crisp Aspen air and scenery while being pampered. Sounds dreamy. Also a favorite is the public Aspen Golf Course designed by Frank Humel. The find I'm most excited about is the Outwest Guides which offers the best in Colorado wilderness hunting such as elk and deer hunting, fly fishing trips, overnight wilderness pack trips, and horseback rides. Another neat Aspen feature is Aspen Paragliding and Expeditions that offers a paragliding school and lessons, talk about a rush! Who knew Aspen had so much to offer! Thanks Happy Mappy.

No comments: