Saturday, February 2, 2008

Destin, FL beaches


My family and I have been going to the Destin, FL area beaches since I can remember and it remains still to this day one of my favorite places to vacation. Over the years I have watched it grow and it is today becoming one of the most popular vacation areas on the Gulf of Mexico. This place is so pure and simple with just the right amount of entertainment that it is here where I find myself at peace. I have also taken many trips with friends down to the Destin area for spring break and for babysitting purposes. Because it's growing so fast, I use the Happy Mappy Service to keep tabs on the multiple new bars, resturants, and nautical companies that pop up yearly. Some new places I just found was SunQuest Cruises that takes you on a day or night cruise where you can wine, dine, and dance your feet off. I found this place called Sailing Schooners where you can take a cruise out onto the ocean and go sailing and snorkling all in the same day; and since I love to sail I'm going to have to try this out next time. The Angry Fish Charter Co. is also a new find where they take you out for a day of deep sea fishing and provide you with all the equipment too. One of my favorite places to go is the Funky Blues Shack which is literally a shack on the beach where guests can get up and karyoke while you eat. This place has a great atmosphere, it has dollar bills pinned up covering the walls with signatures on them and 20 ft long picnic-style tables. The white-sanded beaches in the Destin area is so nice and clean and the people there are very friendly, too. You just can't go wrong with this place. It's perfect for any type of vacation you are looking for.

No comments: